Tuesday, February 28, 2012

The Writing's on the Wall

I have always loved words. They have gotten me far in life, you know? Seriously, why aren't there more words on our walls? There are about 5 million font styles and even more to say from each and every one of us. The best thing about this is that they are a complete, 100% reflection of you. You pick the words, the fonts, the medium and the sentiment. It doesn't just insinuate what you want to convey, it flat out tells you. Remember, words and letters are beautiful. 


This is in my train of thought for a few reasons. 


1. The previous post had a fantastic wall collage that worked in some scrawl and even went so far as to go outside the frame lines. Brilliant. 
2. We have a tiny laundry room. There isn't much that we can do with one of the walls, so I searched and I searched for a clever saying to purchase and post. My handwriting is not an option. It is terrible, and the sad part is, I took and paid for (mind you), a college course on Architectural Lettering. 
3. When I married Nate, we wanted to post a poem over some windows that he loved. 


"Eternity" - by William Blake


He who binds to himself a joy
Does the winged life destroy;
But he who kisses the joy as it flies
Lives in eternity's sun rise.



Now it's time we did something, or shall I say, put it in writing? 


Here are a few that I have found and loved and hopefully will inspire: 





Romantic writings 



Source: flickr.com via Jennifer on Pinterest


Moss. wow!  





Super Graphics. I am a fan. 


Source: flickr.com via K on Pinterest



With thumbtacks! 





No comments:

Post a Comment